Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Company is Trying to Save Money

It's a recession OK? I can't blame them - we are trying to save money and I am sacrificing - but REALLY?

So I pulled into my Motel on Monday night after work. I almost slept on the floor as it was a little more comfortable than the plywood bed with a sheet they gave me. I was really disappointed in my accomodations for the week until I noticed the tiny Pert Plus bottle in the rusty shower. I used to use that stuff in 3rd grade - good times.

So I think - come on Erin - you never put yourself above others in society - just DEAL with it! I then made myself watch Gossip Girl on the black and white scratchy TV to remind myself that better times were only 4 days away.

It got much worse the next day when my Area Manager asked where I was staying while I was in town. When I told her she got this horrible look on her face and blurted "THAT'S WHERE THE DENVER TERRORIST WAS ARRESTED MAKING BOMBS!" Great. 100 Gossip Girl episodes couldn't pull me out of this nightmare.

She assured me that the terrorist thing happened several months ago and not to worry about it. So I bucked up and drove back that night after killing 2 hours in the Target down the street (I got the cutest dress for $6!). When I pulled up next to a 1960s pick-up truck I walked into the lobby and saw 3 fully-armed policemen talking to the guy at the front desk. I pushed the up button on the elevator 50 times in a row but it didn't open until they were right there next to me. One of them looked at me and said "you are in trouble". I was really at a loss as to how to respond to that so I just said "I'm Clean - I Swear". All three laughed and said, no we aren't here for you - we are here to arrest some girl named Theresa. They got off the elevator with me ready to bust a door down.

I fell asleep to thoughts of bombs and police lights going on in my head. But I am so glad I have this great story to tell. Tonight is the last night in the motel from hell. So if I don't make it out at least here is a record of my last few moments.

I hope my boss uses that extra cash wisely...

1 comment:

  1. worst. hotel. ever! it does make for a good story though.

    ReplyDelete