
Here I am on the ferry excited to just get to Victoria already. I sat across from 2 divorced guys that were telling me about their "Single Bucket List". Sounds exciting. Get married again is on the end of that list. One of them took this picture:

It was funny because he kept pointing it at himself before his friend told him that he needed to point and click toward me. So then he got it right but that is also his finger in the photo. This modern technology is the pits.
So I kind of got nervous and lied when I went through customs. I said I was visiting friends. Not family - this goes back to every time we crossed the border with my Canadian father who would tell us to stop talking and not to answer a word or a question when we got to the line. Now I get nervous too!!! I am a shady character so don't be surprised.
Of course we hit up the first Vegan restaurant that we could and you better believe that each of us girls wore one of my grandmother's sequin baseball hats the whole day. If you ever need instant attention I suggest you get one of these suckers at the local flee market. Instant attention-grabber.




The other attention grabber would be buying one of these animal beanies. LOVED it but I am trying to be practical with my resources and that doesn't include an owl on my head.

After shopping our guts out to find the "most-wanted" red Canadian gloves - which we FOUND:) - we headed back to the ferry and fell asleep in the car waiting to board. Then we found a few rows of seats and sat down for the 2 hour ride. Except I decided not to lose a moment and I walked to the upper deck. That's where I met Tyson, a forklift salesman who was traveling back to Vancouver after a busy work day.


I convinced my new friend to become our token photographer and we got some great shots. The weather was PERFECT and us Elton girls are always willing to have our pictures taken. Especially if it involves totally posing.


Ferry rides were my favorite thing when I was little and we visited my dad's family. Absolute favorite. Turns out, nothing has changed. UNTIL we drove to Granville Island and I saw my new favorite thing - Colonial-style drummers from France hanging from a crane about 500 feet in the air. Oh, and include in that an acrobatic woman with Princess Leah from Star Wars hair and we have my new obsession - "Crazy Drummer French Candadian Acrobatic Wonders". I kept thinking - who thinks about these things? How do they even start? Well thank you to the brain child behind this one. It was cool and weird. All at the same time.



Then we visited my Aunt Barb's store - 10,000 Villages. It was SO cool! I bought a pair of zebra earrings because that has been my thing lately.
Ended the night with family watching Maelle Ricker get her Gold Medal for the snowboarding something or other. She looked beautiful and so happy and Canadian. Which made me happy - because these days I am feeling a little patriotic for my other love - Canada.

OK wait - the night didn't end there! Aunt Mary wanted to go downtown and check out the Olympic village and I was not about to sit around and vegg... So we took the public bus (that was an experience) and landed right in the heart of things. There was a pyrotechnical show and we found some people in REALLY scandalous get-ups in way too cold weather, but besides that not too much action.

The action started at 1am when dad and Rogan took us to The Naam Restaurant which is open 24/7 and is fully vegetarian and delectable. I felt like a rebelious teenager again staying up and out at all hours of the night. This time with my dad. But still crazy.
Until tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment