Friday, October 29, 2010

San Francisco - My Giants Made My Life Happier This Week


So my trip to San Francisco this week had absolutely nothing to do with the Giant’s killer start to an inevitable sweep of the World Series (yes you heard it here first AND I will be in Texas this Sunday for the final victory game – yeah, I’m confident), but it ended up revolving around the blessed event.

I touched down on Wednesday morning to the beautiful and very boring San Jose airport. Took a cab to my apartment and practically DIED it was so beautiful! It is very close to downtown San Jose, right next door to the HP Pavillion which will be handy for all the awesome concerts I will be attending while in town, and the most important fact is that there is a Wholefoods under construction right across the street. Thank you SJ for building my vegan heaven.

After settling into the new pad I found my new car – 2010 VW Jetta (so cute) – and drove into the office in the sleepy little VC-run town of Los Gatos. I hate cats but I LOVE this town! Yes because my office is there and my new colleagues are fabulous but also because there is THE CUTEST cupcake shop ever there called Icing on the Cake Bakery. Any town with a cute cupcake boutique is a town I will endorse and love forever.

Wednesday night I found myself at the Churchill Club event with Eric Schmidt (Google CEO) and James Cameron or as I fondly call him “Jim” (Hollywood aficionado). We all laughed and rejoiced together about the future of technology on the movie scene. Excited for the new underwater focus for Avatar 2? I am – I just hope he throws a few Titanic references in there. I think that Schmidt is secretly joining forces of friendship with “Jim” because he wants special access to watch every move of the sea creatures like he does with us already. Smart move. Oh, and the GIANTS WON!!!! Woo hoo! High scoring Game 1 World Series matches are my favorite.

I spent all day Thursday in rolling San Francisco where they bleed you for all of your money in the form of parking fees and tickets (there goes that new Joe Malone perfume I was going to buy). I also experienced an herbal yerba mate on top of the Yerba Buena Gardens and Samovar Tea House – bitter, yet delicious, and very cultural.After meetings galore I snuck into an Irish pub called Kate Maloney’s and celebrated with other local Giant fans as we kicked some major Ranger a$$. That was fun!

One of the highlights for sure was picking up the beautiful and accomplished Melissa Lundquist up from the San Francisco airport and cruising down to Palo Alto to meet our friends in BS Chris Klomp and Mark Madsen. After enjoying a delightful meal at Evvia we walked next door to the Stanford Beer Pong Tournament which I kept calling “Beer Ping” or “Pong Beer” because I don’t do drinking games…. That is until last night when Ben and I took the title of champions for the night! Or at least one game but I like to think big.

Friday I woke up sick. Boo. See ya San Francisco!!! I will be back next week to enjoy your treasures and spend more money on your terrible public parking system.


1 comment:

  1. I sure love hearing all about your adventures...but I think it's time for a staycation. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete