Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Few Things I am Giving Up...

For the last few months I have been feeding myself the worst food ever - my diet has included mostly Diet Coke, red licorice, tortilla chips and guacamole and medium salsa, mussaman curry with white rice, lots of pumpkin and chocolate pie, and mashed potatoes. Basically everything that is bad for me.

So last night while at Thai food with Megs and Aubs we decided to collectively go on a healthy food cleanse! For 4 days - no refined sugar - no carbs - no fun - no more fattiness - oh, and no more Diet Coke:(.

The best part of this little exercise is that we are not allowed to cheat and we are on the honor code. We have to report to each other each day about what we have eaten and if we exercised for at least 20 minutes cardio that day (another rule). The consequence - the other girls can choose a photo of their choice to fat booth and then apply as the cheating girl's facebook profile picture for a straight 24 hours.


I, for one, cannot risk a fat booth profile picture at this stage in the game. So I will not be cheating. I also did 40 minutes of cardio today to ensure that I don't turn into the fat booth picture naturally.

3 comments:

  1. Day One - so far so good. (but oh how i wanted those cookies on the counter!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should do that as well...it's just that the pastries are too good for me to say no to. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. earth cafe raspberry cheesecake from whole foods. scarfing a piece right now. divine. no refined sugars. nothing bug GOODSTUFF. get it!

    ReplyDelete