Now that I am spending my time trying to find true love for others on The Mormon Bachelorette I think Ahmed and I are kindred spirits. I know he is reading this post though and here is a little message for you my Cupid's Cabbie - I would love to tell my future children that a NYC cab driver introduced me to my one and only. So get crackin' :).
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Cupid's Cabbie - My Old... and New Best Friend
Sometimes I get Facebook requests from people I don't know. Last week I saw a name that looked vaguely familiar - Ahmed Ibrahim. Then I saw his profile picture and it took me back to a cab ride I had in New York City right after I moved there about 4 years ago. I was new to the city, living alone, and ready for a new adventure in my life. Ahmed was a friendly cab driver. He asked me how I was settling into the city and then asked if I was single. I am used to my Mormon parents and friends asking me this question regularly and wasn't sure what to tell my unfamiliar new friend. I opened up anyway I told him I was completely unattached. He was elated by this news and passed me a newspaper article about his matchmaking part-time hobby. He asked a little bit more about me and I gave him my card so we could keep in touch. I mean, you never know how you will find your true love right? Ahmed seemed to have a knack for this thing - he has successfully set up dozens of couples that he met individually while cabbing them around in the big apple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment